Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Week 9?

It's sad I've lost track of what week it is! But even though I missed blogging for a week, I certainly didn't take a break from designing (though it was probably needed!)

CRITIQUE:

Let's see....

About 2 weeks ago I worked on designing a new set of covers for Vox. This set is about a play called "The Verge," which focuses on the psyche of the woman, what women want, etc. Being in the mood that I was I tried to do some unconventional things although the original plan was to make it a photo cover. I think I probably went a little overboard with the dominatrix idea but I think it was fun and poked fun at the feminist ideal behind the play. I also really liked my vegas show girly cover which pretty much had NOTHING to do with the assignment..but I will definitely keep this around for future inspiration. I think this covers helped me realize an edgy/sexier design style beyond my typical "cute" and "girly."






I worked really hard over break on designing a logo to "brand" myself. I wanted something I could put on my resume, website, business card, etc. I wanted to LOVE it and have it embody "me." From the feedback I got from my classmates they all really seemed to like the final product. I may tweak it a bit, and I have done some flash work with the lines for my website. But, overall I like the feel of it.



My website is a work in progress but www.jenaleneanderson.com is a working site! Now that I've battled the dreamweaver and flash demons, I'm actually really excited and eager about improving it and advancing my skill in these programs. While it's not so fun to necessarily tackle all of the technical that comes with the programs, seeing the finish product makes up for it and let's me give myself a pat on the back for learning something new!

Speaking of WEB, I also worked on our countryhome.com project over break. It was certainly a challenge (I tackled this before my own site, so this is where I did a lot of my learning). To be honest, I'm not that proud of my "designs," I think I was getting too caught up in the web and making it work. This week I will be going back (after working with the other designers and publishers) and doing some re-working.

While on break I worked on another "Look of the Month" and "Shopping Page" for Inside Columbia Magazine. The theme of May's issue is travel so I went with an outfit easy to travel in (wrinkle free!) and a shopping page of every possible bag you could ever need when you travel. I'll be designing those next week. Here is the image we will use for the LOM, just to give you a sneak peak.



Oh ya, and I redesigned a redesign for my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment