Monday, April 20, 2009

Response >> Vox Redesign

I wanted to say congrats to Meredith on her redesign of Vox.(Vox is a weekly city magazine published with the Columbia Missourian newspaper) We can all definitely respect the time and effort she put into this project.

I really loved the redesign. I think the editor's were probably squirming a little bit that text is going to be cut. a lot. but, i think in this day and age, witty short writing is necessary. save the long winded stuff for the feature well. in all honesty, i rarely read all of the department page stories from week to week. i usually thumb through, read things that LOOK interesting and then move onto the feature well.

I think Meredith's design will get people like me to stop and read the different department pages, which usually do have some great and fun writing. It goes back to the purpose of design--to get reader's to dive in.

great job, i hope to get a clip with your new design to share on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment