Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You Can't Miss>>Personal Websites


So I thought a lot yesterday about what Sarah and Philip said when presenting their sites. Sarah had her little quippy welcome to my site page that shows her personality and Philip has his picture to give his design/site a face. I'm still not sure what I think about making your site very personal. I like the idea initially because it does give you a face, set you apart from other designers, make you human, etc...but can showing your personality hurt you? If the client doesn't feel drawn to you? Or if your personal design style shows through (even though your work may show a variety of styles) will a client focus on that instead of your work? (I worried about this with my logo--although, I do think my logo helps show my variety in that it's not cute and girly!)

Well while I certainly don't know the right answer, I did find to websites/blogs off of the blog I follow designers-who-blog.com that have personality shining through. I'd like to know what you think. Is it too much?

Dickson Fong shows his personality much more through his copy while Malene Hald does through her header designs. Check them out and let me know what you think...It would really help me in deciding how much "personality" to put on my site.

Dickson Fong http://www.dicksonfong.com

Malene Hald http://malenehald.dk/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment