Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week >> Never ending?

As I typed never ending, I thought to myself, is that one word or two, is there a hyphen? Thanks Jen Rowe, for getting me thinking that way, but the sad part is, I don't know the answer.

Anywho, this week in design...

CRITIQUE:

I worked on the Criminal Justice feature last week. Christy, Abbey and I went our separate ways to begin with and each have an element of our original designs we will bring to the final spread. Christy and I attended the photo shoot we had set up with our justice league members. It went, okay. We probably could have been a little more vocal, but at least on her camera we did see some stuff we really liked. We also ended up having her shoot some sillhouette shots which were very cool, I'm hoping we can find a way to incorporate them. Here are some of my initial designs/elements.






Next I'll move on to good old countryhome.com. Designing for web is the most time consuming thing I have ever done. Creating something in indesign or illustrator, then making it a jpeg, then loading it into dreamweaver to find it doesn't work and starting ALL OVER again. This weekend I spent most of my time designing my secondary features. They aren't quite there yet and I'm not proud enough of them to post, but I will soon.

I am also working on an illustration for the art department about some dance craze called tecktonik (I don't know if I spelled that right). Phillip had sent us the youtube link..It's very fun, so that is what I am going for in my illustrations. Here is what I started with having not seen the video...I'm going to stick with the basic format of my little guy (I am trying to give him hightops and a mohawk, I welcome suggestions on how to do it and make it look good). I also had high hopes for making this a little multimedia treat for online...but we will see how much time I have.

Here's my little dancing man.



WHAT'S NEXT:

I will keep working on countryhome.com. This evening I have been working on adjusting color in my slideshows as well as redesigning one. It at times can be overwhelming but one of my slideshows is teaching me how to organize a lot of text in an efficient and visually appealing way.

I will also keep working on the Criminal Justice feature. It will run in next Thursday's issue. As well as my little dance crazed man. I will post the final designs then.

The mini-portfolio (and big one for that matter) eeeeek...I'm avoiding it.

I will also be doing my FINAL Vox cover sometime this weekend. Typically due tomorrow, we are waiting on photos because it is going to most likely be a photo cover about the "Art of the Encore." I do have one non-photo cover in mind, however. Look out for these soon!

After doing my Mizzou portfolio today, I am really wanting to get some redesigns done.

Oh, and somewhere in all of this, apply for jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment