Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week Three

While I wasn't slated to hand anything in for Vox this week, I worked on my redesign for the economy feature back during week 1.

CRITIQUE:
 I still need to work on something for the sidebar, but this gives you my first spread and overall concept. I decided to go with a super-hero theme. I thought it would make a story about the economy more fun and focus on the profiles of the two men. I know that the whole super-hero thing can tend to be overdone, but it did give me practice in photoshop and illustrator (yay!) I was just really trying to go in a completely different direction, so let me know what you think!

First design:



Here's the new one:


Here's the work I did in photoshop for the photos:



I worked at Inside Columbia a lot over the past week, here are some of the images from the photo shoot. We decided to go with this photo I set up at the shoot instead of the individual images of the items that we took. We usually do separate images, so this was something new for me to play with. After getting the image I clipped it in photoshop--I had some difficulties with getting around the scarf, but I learned a new tool with fading the background to make it easier on me next time. Next I placed the image on the page, picked headline and deck colors, etc. I will have the designed page up soon!



WHAT'S NEXT:
This next week I'll be finishing my economy feature redesign...as well as working on my art department images for Vox. I'm trying to come up with illustrative ideas for the department art instead of the typical event image. There is one piece about an apron exhibit..and another about a home and garden exhibition...think, think, think!

No comments:

Post a Comment