Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week Four

Critique:
This past week I spent some time designing Valentine's day stuff for the boyfriend. It was just a chance to have some fun and play with photoshop. A bit corny, I know. 

I also came up with an illustration for the art department of Vox about an exhibit put on by the True/False Festival (a film festival in Columbia) called "Altered Realities." I did it without having the text or knowing much about the exhibit except the title, so the editors decided it didn't fit well. But I'm going to try to come up with something that does. 

What's Next:
I am also currently working on my web designs for a living magazine in based in Des Moines, Iowa. It's been quite a challenge and after meeting with Jan I have a tad bit more direction. I will be working on that over the weekend, so I will post the final product next week. In addition to developing a mock page for that magazine I will be working on developing my own professional site with all of my best design work.

In addition to working on the art department this week I will be designing three covers for "The Best Time To..." issue.

And finally (me taking a deep breath) I will be spending the weekend shopping & styling outfits for a 6 page spring fashion spread in the April issue of Inside Columbia. I've been gathering inspiration from InStyle and Lucky...I have a few themes I'm playing with..I will be sure to show you the final project!

2 comments:

  1. Your valentine's image is great. The typography is great behind the picture of you. And yes, it is corny :-) The altered reality theme of the True False design is very interesting. I'm not sure if the average reader would get it...without a very explanatory dek that is. Very creative though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your stuff for Inside Columbia! Lucky and InStyle are two of my favorites (yes, I am the person who uses those sticker that Lucky gives you to mark pages with things you like)!!

    ReplyDelete