Friday, February 6, 2009

Internship Work>>Inside Columbia


I started interning for Inside Columbia magazine in May 2008 and never left! I started out as a design and editorial intern. I wrote a big piece about skin care, worked on designing the dining guide they produce, and did a few spec-ads. Then I started on a big fashion project towards the end of the 2008 summer--a big fall fashion preview. Now I've basically taken the fashion department over! I do the "Look of the Month," each month I come up with a concept, find an outfit, a model, style the shoot and write the editorial. I also do the "Shopping Page," every month which incorporates the same steps, however I design that page. When I find the time we will start incorporating a shopping page with items for the home. Here is my LOM from February's issue that was just published. Let me know what you think!


4 comments:

  1. This doesn't have to do with your above post, but I just wanted to say that I really like your type treatment for your initials at the top of your page - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clean page. I like the axial pull out numbers coming from the cutout image. It is also a nice dominant image. I think the headline and drop cap are battling for text dominance a little bit though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the use of white space on this page, because it does a great job of helping the model stand out. And the headline is not overwhelming the photo... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that you are getting to do so much at Inside Columbia...its such a fun magazine. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete