Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Response>>Portfolio Sharing

In our capstone class on Tuesday half of the students brought in all of the design work they had done since high school. We went around and critiqued pieces we liked and what we thought should be used for their portfolio but could use some work. It was really exciting to see and made me proud to be in a class with such highly skilled, creative people. I think it was important because not only does it give the person whose work is critique feedback, but it helps us figure out what works and what doesn't when we see other people's designs, especially when we can grow attached to our own work, not able to separate the good and the bad. 

While the skill levels vary, what stayed the same throughout the work we saw was creativity and personality. You get such a feel for people's design style. I think figuring that out is an important part of branding our portfolio's and finding that unique design edge we have and being able to portray that to future employers. I will be showing some of my work tomorrow and will post some of my oldie but goodie designs next week as well as what my colleagues loved and hated in the work I have accomplished so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment