Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 7

This past week I didn't do much for Vox. I worked on some logo designs and finally have the results of my Inside Columbia spring fashion shoot.

CRITIQUE:

My logos..well, they are okay. I tend to wait til the last minute to design. It's when I produce the best work, usually. But, if I'm not feeling creative but I have to pump something out it can get difficult. I like to use words to brainstorm and often look at google images, too. But if my creative juices aren't flowing and I find images I like, its hard to move past those images and further them as my own. So, I struggle with that and look forward to redesigning your favorites!







I also finally got the proofs from the spring fashion shoot for IC. A quick reminder that I didn't do this design or pick the photos. I styled this shoot--i.e. pick out the outfits. I LOVE how it turned out.. it's my most sophisticated fashion spread yet. The geometric look is my favorite and I think it offers alot of choices for our readers. I think it also gives some encouragement to try a look that's not necessarily "you," our model, Brynn, felt that way with the country look. I also was given all of the photos from the shoot and will be photo editing and creating my own spread for my portfolio--it will be up soon (i hope)!








I haven't brainstormed about what I will do with the design..but, we will see.

WHAT'S NEXT:

I just got through working on the Vox 4/2 cover about women. I will be posting those next week so stay tuned. I will also be working on my art department design this week that is about famous album cover art. I am trying to think of a creative way to show the amazing covers. I will also be working alot with flash this week/end to put together slideshows for our project with countryhome.com. I will also be trying to work on some redesigns and my own website. Oh, to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I'm convinced that you are a style genius. I love what you do for IC and I think it will benefit you for the rest of your career in way that could be really unexpected. You have a great opportunity to take creativity off the page (since everything we do is so print-heavy in school).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a real grace and flow to the logos you came up with. I really like it. Also, you are a great stylist for IC!! I love those clothes. It makes me want to go outside and then go shopping! :0)

    ReplyDelete