Wednesday, March 18, 2009

CRITIQUE>WEEK 8

CRITIQUE:

This past week I designed another spread for the art department of Vox. It's not being published until 3/26, so I'll put it up after that. The story was about album cover art. I had a little fun with the placement of the album art, and if I could go back I probably would have wanted to have a say in what album art was chosen just because it was a chance for the art department to shine and not just have an everyday photograph.

Last week I also spent time designing a cover for a photo story about women in traditionally men's work roles. The cover won't be running because the photo story is no longer taking place but I had fun with this cover so I will still post them! The Kick Ass Women one is my favorite with the muddy boot and the typeface. I think it's strong and would work well as a cover. The other one is more typical and if I revise it I may not use the "lipstick" typeface.




WHAT'S NEXT:

This week I'm revising 3 logos. Everyone liked the black and white one that looks like a maze, which was also my favorite. I'm going to play with making the lines smaller and choosing a better typeface. There were a few ties between others that were well liked, so I haven't made a decision about the other's to revise. I will be posting the revisions soon.

I am also working on a new cover taking the place of the cover that was scratched last week. It is about a play called The Verge which is about what women want. The cover is supposed to be a photo cover but we are allowed to stray from that.

I finally, over spring break, will be working on my own fashion spread from the photo shoot for Inside Columbia, putting together slideshows and department pages for the Country Home project and hopefully getting a big handle on my own website.

No comments:

Post a Comment