Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Response>>MAP

I attended the MAP session by Photo Editor of 417 magazine, Edward Biamonte. I have a love for photography and often see myself going down that path one day. So, attending his session was helpful and it also helped me get a feel for the magazine (a place I may apply). He talked alot about the work that goes into great photos and how important it is to know the technical aspects of photography. I took a photojournalism class last year and learned a lot of the technical aspects but I am a little rusty. I also know absolutely nothing about lighting but I do plan to take a class someday. His lecture made me want to get out there and take more photos so if any fellow photo enthusiasts ever want to get together to shoot let me know. It's fun and motivating to look at a professionals photos and think (I could do that!...with a LOT of practice, of course), but still it seems a reachable go which makes you want to get out there and do it.

I also learned how important photo selection is for a magazine--it truly gives the magazine its style and edge. I'm going to use that knowledge when working on countryhome.com & when putting together my "mock" feature spread from the spring fashion shoot.

Here are some of edward's photographs. His website is...www.edwardbiamonte.com.. check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment